There are 14 item(s) tagged with the keyword "activity plans".
- Displaying: 1 - 10 of 14
- 1. The Summer Seven
Summer isn’t just about beaches! Have you been looking for things to do to keep kids cognitively challenged this summer and avoid the dreaded summer brain drain? Want to do it without breaking the bank? It’s easier than you think to turn your home into a place of fun and learning. Here are the Mensa Foundation’s top seven tips for avoiding summer brain drain. Enjoy!
- 2. First Day of Summer Fun
When summer comes, there is more time to play and explore. The activities shared inside
are a blend of colorful art projects and ideas for some outside activities.
This series of educational programs was designed to simultaneously entertain and
challenge gifted youth in their time outside of the school setting, although the activities are
appropriate for broad ranges of ages.
- 3. Summer Fun
Have fun — and learn, too! — with these ideas for summer experiments, activities, games and songs.
- 4. GYC educational resources
Finding new activities for local groups of Young Mensans is often challenging for Gifted Youth Coordinators. Sponsored by the Mensa Foundation, we provide a selection of lesson and activity plans that our GYCs can utilize at the local level. These plans can be scaled up or down depending on number of attendees, desired level of complexity, etc.
- 5. Teacher Appreciation Dinner
- A “We’re lucky to have you!” teacher appreciation dinner does not need to just be for kids; feel free to include teachers and mentors of all kinds, or teachers from years gone by.
- 6. T-shirt Design
- This can be an actual contest in which a winning design is chosen and turned into a T-shirt, or it can be purely theoretical, with teams participating for the “shear” fun of designing a shirt that celebrates being smart.
- 7. Storming the Castle
At its least intricate, this is a building activity; at its most elaborate, it is a medieval extravaganza! Not only can these activities be for kids, they can be by kids as well.
- 8. Roller Coaster Mania
- This activity combines science, fun and a little challenge! Design and build “roller coasters” for marbles out of foam pipe insulation.
- 9. Pi Day Activities
In honor of Pi Day, the Mensa Foundation has put together 3 math lessons and 14 math activities that are creative and fun for gifted youth of all ages and all interests.
- 10. Movie Night
Virtually everyone likes movies, and this activity embraces the “filmophile” in all of us. Movie Nights lend themselves to both the whole-group and divided-group format, so choose which works best for you.