Compete for Mensa International Photographer of the Year: PhotoCup 2020
- Apr 17, 2020
The art of photography is an area where Mensans from more than 50 countries with different languages, customs, and traditions can converge with a single, visual language! Use your creativity, skills, and technical expertise to produce your entry in this year’s Mensa International PhotoCup competition.
The theme for 2020 is shyness.
American Mensans can participate by submitting up to three photos no later than July 15. Photos should be in .jpg format. All entries must be the sole work of the entrant. The top three entries will advance to the international competition to compete with other Mensan entrants from around the world.
- This competition is organized by Mensa International as part of the International Project Convergence.
- The theme for 2020 is “shyness.”
- There is no fee for entry into the competition. Entrants must be members in good standing.
- Photos should be submitted in .jpg format.
- Name, country, membership number, and title of photograph should be included in the photo information/label or in the text of the email.
- Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each entrant may submit three images.
- All entries must be the sole work of the entrant.
- Any promotion of entries is not allowed.
- The three best entries from each national Mensa competition and in the DIM category will be included in the Mensa World PhotoCup competition run under the supervision of Mensa International.
- The International winner (Mensa International Photographer of the Year) will be selected by a professional judging panel that will include the Mensa International Chairman ex-officio.
- Winning photographs will become part of the ‘Mensa IPC Collection’ and will be exhibited at Annual Gatherings.
- Entrants will retain copyright of their photos but will grant Mensa non-exclusive rights for publication in Mensa journals, on Mensa websites, on Photo SIG posters, for display in exhibitions, or other appropriate places as part of the Mensa IPC Collection without any financial reward to the contestant.
- Contestants agree that their name and country may be published nationally and internationally.
- By submitting entries for the competition, the entrant accepts all the conditions listed above.