Pre-purchase admission testing
If you're interested in becoming a member of American Mensa, our certified, volunteer Proctors welcome you to schedule a supervised testing session in your area! For a nominal fee of $40, two tests will be administered. A score at or above the 98th percentile on either test will meet Mensa’s membership requirement.
To facilitate the testing process, you have the option of pre-paying for your testing session by purchasing a one-time-use Testing Voucher redeemable at an American Mensa testing session, proctored by one of our certified Proctors.
Please note that American Mensa cannot test individuals younger than 14 years of age; however, these prospective members may submit evidence of prior testing to qualify. Also, if English isn't your primary language, American Mensa offers a battery of culture fair, non-language tests.
Further, please note that individuals can only take a test or test battery once. Individuals who have taken a test or test battery and did not meet the requirement to join are encouraged to take a different battery or submit evidence of prior testing. The tests are given for the purpose of admission into Mensa and not to quantify intelligence. American Mensa will release membership qualification only. A raw score is provided, and test-takers can interpret the score via our website after testing.
Please review the Terms and Conditions outlined below before purchasing.
- Testing vouchers purchased through the American Mensa Web site are considered prepayment of supervised testing services from American Mensa, Ltd.
- Testing vouchers and unused portions of testing vouchers must be spent within 24 months from the date of issuance. The "expires" date is included on the testing voucher.
- During testing promotions, any remaining portions of testing voucher amounts will be applied to membership dues upon qualification. Otherwise, remaining amounts may be applied to our second test battery.
- Testing vouchers must be redeemed at an American Mensa test site by an American Mensa certified Proctor and may go only toward the purchase of supervised testing. Testing vouchers may not be redeemed for the purchase of other services or products at American Mensa's regional or local levels, Fox Imaging Web site (www.foximaging.com), or any other Web site operated by American Mensa, its affiliates, or any other person or entity.
- Any unused balance is solely tied to the testing voucher "claim code" and is not transferable. The original expiration date will apply to any unused balance.
- If your testing fee exceeds the amount of your testing voucher, you must pay the balance at the time of testing.
- The risk of loss and title for testing vouchers pass to the purchaser upon our electronic transmission to the recipient. We are not responsible for lost or stolen testing vouchers. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact a Member Services representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817/607-0060 ext. 199.
- American Mensa reserves the right to place a candidate record on hold and request an alternative form of payment if a fraudulently obtained testing voucher is redeemed through American Mensa's testing program.
- American Mensa may provide testing voucher purchasers with information about the redemption status of testing vouchers.
- American Mensa testing vouchers are issued and sold by American Mensa, Ltd., a not-for-profit corporation incorporated under the laws of the State of New York. By visiting American Mensa's Web site, you agree that the laws of the state of New York, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these testing voucher terms and conditions.
- Please note that individuals can only take a test or test battery once. Individuals who have taken a test or test battery and did not meet the requirement to join are encouraged to take a different battery or submit evidence of prior testing. The test are given for the purpose of admission into Mensa and not to quantify intelligence. American Mensa will release membership qualification only. No further information on test scores will be released.
This September, take the Mensa Practice Test
for just $7.99 (regularly $18)!
Refund requests must include the name of the cardholder; member or attendee; member number if applicable; transaction number amount and date; and the last four digits of the credit card used. Email your refund request to Membership@americanmensa.org; fax to 817-649-5232; or call 888-294-8035 ext. 199 during regular business hours. Approved refunds will be credited back to the originating credit card within 30 days of the date of the transaction. Refunds after the initial 30-day period may be converted to check refunds upon proper identification.
The above policy applies to transactions conducted on behalf of American Mensa and the Mensa Foundation, including national events, unless otherwise noted. American Mensa reserves the right to refuse refunds without proper identification.