MVP: The Acronym That Grows Membership
Program Deadline ExtendedDue to the program’s success and overwhelming demand from Local Groups, we’ve extended the Mensa Voucher Program deadline to March 31, 2020.
The Mensa Voucher Program leverages the strength of our membership to identify and encourage others to test or submit evidence to qualify for membership for free.
Word of mouth from peers is a top recruitment effort within many organizations, so who better than our own members to help us identify and recruit new members to Mensa? In addition, feedback from the first two years of the program have been incorporated to improve the process and results.
- The 2019 program runs from Sept. 3, 2019, until March 31, 2020.
- Each Local Group will have one unique code, which will be emailed to each member of the Local Group. The discount code should be given to a nonmember who may, at no cost, either submit prior evidence or sit for a supervised test.
- There will be unlimited uses for each Local Group’s code.
- You should receive your MVP code by Sept. 3. The codes are valid through Dec. 31.
- This code must be entered/provided by the nonmember during an online transaction, either for prior evidence submission or pre-purchasing a testing voucher, at the time of purchase to receive the discount.
- Only members as of Sept. 1, 2019, will receive a code email.
- The usual $15 funding for Local Groups will not be provided for supervised tests that use one of the discount codes because those tests and applications will not generate revenue. However, Local Groups will continue to receive the traditional $25 stipend for each month they hold a test session, even if they test only candidates who use a discount code.
- The discount code will not apply to past supervised tests or prior evidence submissions.
Additional things to know
- Members who have an issue with their discount code (e.g., they’ve lost it or never received it) may contact one of their Local Group officers for help.
- The Join page will be adjusted for discount codes to be redeemed easier. Please direct candidates to americanmensa.org/join for information on redemption.