Send Us Your Best Fiction
Coming in September: The 3rd Annual Mensa Bulletin Fiction Issue
Submit your best unpublished work or works of short fiction to be considered for a special edition of the Bulletin.
Submissions should not exceed 4,000 words. No passages from longer works, please. Send your pieces to the Bulletin Editor no later than June 7.
- There are no entry fees to participate.
- Only entries by current Mensans will be considered.
- Submissions must be received by June 1, 2017.
- Entries must be previously unpublished works of fiction.
- Entries must be original works, in English.
- Plagiarism, which includes the use of third-party poetry, song lyrics, characters or another person’s universe, without written permission, will result in disqualification.
- Stories should have a compelling plot, robust characterization, a specific setting and lively language.
- Works containing excessive violence or sex or viewpoints that that could be construed as overtly offensive by members (racism, sexism, etc.) will not be accepted.
- No theoretical, scholarly, or critical essays will be considered, but all other approaches and topics are welcome.
- Don’t forget to include a title.
- Authors grant the Mensa Bulletin rights for a one-time publication in print and non-exclusive publication online. Authors retain all other rights, including the right to republish in non-electronic form at any time.
We ask that authors not publish their works online, including on personal websites and postings to message boards, until 30 days after print publication, when it has been archived. You are welcome to link to the page featuring your work instead. Once the issue has been archived, you are free to re-publish your work online.