American Mensa Newsroom
- July 31, 2014
- New York Resident Honored By The Mensa Foundation
The Mensa Education & Research Foundation selected Fred Katz of Hauppauge, N.Y., as this year’s recipient of the Copper Black Award for Creative Achievement.
- July 30, 2014
- Minnetonka Resident Elected To Mensa Foundation Board
Joan Hiller of Minnetonka, Minn., has been elected Foundation Trustee to the Mensa Education and Research Foundation.
- July 14, 2014
- Mensa Members Rank Their Top 10 Video Games
American Mensa selects its top 10 video games in celebration of National Video Game day. Atari's classic arcade game Asteroids was the No. 1 overall pick.
- June 27, 2014
- Annual Mensa Event Comes To Boston, July 2-6
Public invited to test for membership in high I.Q. organization.
- June 26, 2014
- The Mensa Foundation Investigates Crime Scene Intelligence
The Mensa Education & Research Foundation will host its most popular colloquium yet, “Colloquium 2014: Crime Scene Intelligence,” on Tuesday, July 1, 2014, at the Sheraton Boston in Boston, Mass. from 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- June 23, 2014
- Mensa And Match.com Are Dating
High IQ Organization and Relationship Giant Develop Partnership for Members
- April 21, 2014
- 2014 Mensa Mind Games® Winners Announced
Five board games earn Mensa Select® status at the 2014 Mensa Mind Games.
- April 10, 2014
- American Mensa members selected their top 10 national parks in conjunction with National Park Week.
American Mensa members selected their top 10 national parks in conjunction with National Park Week.
- April 4, 2014
- Mensa Heads To Austin For Annual Mind Games Competition
High IQ Group To Play and Judge New Board Games for 40 Straight Hours
- March 13, 2014
- Mensa Makes Mr. Peabody Their Top Dog With Honorary Membership
American Mensa, the high IQ organization, presented Mr. Peabody with an honorary Mensa membership at the premiere of the animated film, “Mr. Peabody & Sherman.”
- March 7, 2014
- Mensa Members Rank Their Top 10 Amusement Parks
Just in time for spring break, American Mensa has selected the top 10 amusement parks in the country. Mickey Mouse and friends lead the top of the survey.
- February 20, 2014
- Mensa Members Pick Oscar ® Favorites And Winners "American Hustle" And "Dallas Buyers Club" Among Favorites
Movies rank highly as a favorite pastime for members of American Mensa, the high IQ organization. With Oscar season upon us, American Mensa recently polled a random selection of its members for their predictions of who will ultimately take home the statue in six major Academy Awards categories, as well as their favorite picks.
- January 31, 2014
- American Mensa Tackles The Super Bowl
Those memorable commercials are just one of the things to look forward to during this weekend’s big game. In the spirit of the festivities, members of American Mensa participated in a poll ranking the top ten Super Bowl commercials.
- January 9, 2014
- Check Your Brains For A Buck
American Mensa offers Practice Test for only one dollar. While making resolutions for a healthier body, don’t forget to include your brain. American Mensa, the High IQ organization, is encouraging the public to make a resolution to check their brain.
- January 8, 2014
- American Mensa Celebrates the Beatles
2014 marks the 50th anniversary of the release of the Beatles American debut album “Introducing The Beatles.” Mensa members took this opportunity to rank their favorite Fab Four songs.
- January 8, 2014
- 2014 Mensa Mind Games® Call For Entries
Mensa Mind Games® is one of the leading board game showcase competitions in the United States. This year, Mensa Mind Games will be hosted by the Austin Mensa Chapter at the Hilton Austin in Austin, Texas on April 18-20.
- November 29, 2013
- American Mensa's Top 10 List of Board Games
Members of American Mensa have ranked the top 10 classic board games just in time for the gift-giving season.
- November 15, 2013
- Distinguished Teacher Award Winner Honored By The Mensa Education & Research Foundation
The Mensa Education & Research Foundation has named John Otterstedt of Ridgewood, N.J., the recipient of the 2013 Distinguished Teacher Award.
- November 13, 2013
- Mensa Asks Who Is The Top Fictional Villain Of All Time
For the past four years, American Mensa has created the ultimate face off in its Bracket Challenge. Past subjects include toys, heroes and inventions. This year, the challenge turns to the dark side. Sixty-four fictional villains compete head to head in the Mensa Bracket Challenge 2013.
- November 13, 2013
- Turning the page with American Mensa
Members of American Mensa have ranked the “banned books” they think are must reads. Justin Stanley, the founder of The Uprise Books Project, a nonprofit dedicated to ending the cycle of poverty through literacy by providing banned books to underprivileged kids, selected his 30 top banned books.