American Mensa Newsroom
- June 14, 2016
- Mensa Foundation Colloquium to Examine Flora, Fauna and the Future
In concert with the famed San Diego Zoo, The Mensa Education & Research Foundation will explore the current and future states of genetics at its 2016 Colloquium: Flora, Fauna and the Future, scheduled June 28 at the Town and Country Resort and Convention Center in San Diego.
- April 25, 2016
- American Mensa’s Bulletin Celebrates 50 Years with Anthology Publication
The recently released coffee table-style book celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Bulletin with a handful of the best archives from each of the magazine’s five decades, including poignant personal essays, biting satire, interviews with famous Mensans, science and technology studies, and much more.
- April 17, 2016
- 2016 Mind Games® Winners Announced
Following 42 hours of nonstop board game action, the 2016 Mensa Select winners are: New York 1901, Circular Reasoning, World’s Fair 1893, Favor of the Pharaoh and The Last Spike.
- January 5, 2016
- American Mensa wants you to stay smart this year
We're encouraging the public to make a resolution for a healthier brain in 2016. To help, we're offering our Online Practice Test for just a $1 in January.
- December 14, 2015
- American Mensa Selects Chicago to Host Mind Games Competition
Mind Games is one of the leading board showcase competitions in the United States and attracts Mensa members from across the globe. The annual Mind Games event allows manufacturers to put their new-to-market games to the test as Mensa members play and rate each title.
- September 30, 2015
- Mensa Foundation Honors Dr. Ranko Rajovic with International Intellectual Benefits to Society Award
Focused on sensory-motor and cognitive development of children, Dr. Rajovic's work integrates play with learning for children with impulse-control issues, developmental disorders, and learning disabilities and aids in the identification of gifted youth early in their development.
- September 28, 2015
- Mensa Foundation Recognizes Heuser Hearing Institute for Decades of Service
Since 1948, the Heuser Hearing and Language Academy (HHLA) has served students with hearing loss and their families by providing education options, therapy options and other support. The Mensa Foundation selected the Heuser Hearing and Language Academy as the recipient of the Laura Joyner Award for its outstanding work in the area of human intelligence.
- September 23, 2015
- Mensa Foundation Honors Dr. Antonella D’Alessandro for Safety Innovation
For her research into the development of building materials that can detect structural issues, the Mensa Education & Research recognizes Assistant Professor Antonella D’Alessandro with its International Copper Black Award for Creative Intelligence.
- August 14, 2015
- Mensa Foundation Selects Myrielle Badio for 2015 Distinguished Teacher Award
Myrielle Badio, an advanced mathematics teacher from Coral Springs, Fla., was nominated by one of her students for the positive impact she's made on his educational experience.
- August 4, 2015
- American Mensa Announces 2015 Board of Directors
The largest affiliate of the international organization of Mensa recently appointed its new Board of Directors at its annual convention. American Mensa provides support and networking opportunities for its members through social events, lesson plans and recognition programs.
- July 29, 2015
- Mensa Foundation Honors Dr. Robert Leishear for Creative Intelligence
Watching news coverage of the Fukushima Daichi nuclear tragedy in Japan, Dr. Robert Leishear of Aiken, S.C., gained an insight that led him to develop a theory that helps identify causes of industrial fires and explosions.
- July 24, 2015
- Intellectual Benefits to Society Award Winner Honored by Mensa Foundation
The developer of a program to help improve treatment methods for those who live with conditions such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and depression has won the 2015 Intellectual Benefits to Society Award given by the Mensa Education and Research Foundation.
- June 22, 2015
- The Mensa Foundation Invites You To Explore Your Mind
Come discover more about the mysterious gray matter that houses our intelligence and our amazing human potential. This all-day event is open to members of Mensa as well as the public.
- June 8, 2015
- Mensa comes to Louisville, July 1-5
More than 250 lectures and presentations will be featured at this event. Topics include grant writing, toy design, Asperger's, and the challenges of going to space.
- May 4, 2015
- 2015 Mensa Mind Games® Winners Announced
325 judges, 60 competing games, and fourty-four hours of nonstop board game action later, five games claim bragging rights as Mensa Select® winners!
- April 13, 2015
- Board Games, Not Bored Gamers
Mensa Mind Games®, one of the leading board game showcase competitions in the United States, will bring 64 new-to-market titles for more than 300 judges to review.
- April 6, 2015
- Mensa Foundation Explores Brain Health
This year’s colloquium will explore the mysterious gray matter that houses our intelligence and our amazing human potential. This event is open to the public and members of Mensa.
- April 1, 2015
- Mensa expects more than 1,500 attendees at annual event in Louisville
This five-day event happens every year during the Independence Day holiday and is an opportunity for members of the high I.Q. organization to connect with colleagues and friends.
- January 30, 2015
- International Lifetime Achievement Award Winner Honored By the Mensa Foundation
The Mensa Education & Research Foundation named Dr. Joan Freeman of London, England, the recipient of the 2014 International Lifetime Achievement Award.
- December 19, 2014
- MENSA SELECTS SAN DIEGO FOR MIND GAMES 2015
This year, Mensa Mind Games will be hosted by the San Diego Mensa Chapter at the Town and Country Resort Conference Center, in San Diego, Calif. on April 30 - May 3.