American Mensa Newsroom
- April 24, 2013
- 2013 Mensa Mind Games® Winners Announced
Five MENSA SELECT® winners seal the deal at the 2013 Mensa Mind Games.
- April 17, 2013
- American Mensa's Gifted Youth Specialist keynotes bullying
The Mensa Foundation’s Gifted Youth Specialist, Lisa Van Gemert, is the keynote speaker at this year’s Pennsylvania Association for Gifted Education (PAGE) conference at Robert Morris University in Pittsburgh, Pa, on April 18 and 19.
- April 17, 2013
- The Gateway to Gaming Mensa awards St. Louis its annual Mind Games competition
American Mensa selects St Louis, Missouri, “The Gateway City”, as the site for the 24th annual Mensa Mind Games®.
- March 11, 2013
- What Will Mensa Members Drink This St. Patrick's Day?
America’s Smartest reveal their 10 favorite brews and just in time for a St. Patrick’s Day pint!
- January 1, 2013
- Resolve to improve your brain’s health with some help from American Mensa.
Challenging your mind has been linked to cognitive well being. American Mensa, the High IQ organization, is encouraging the public to start off 2013 with a resolution to do better by their brains. American Mensa is offering their online home test for free in the month of January so the public may test their brain’s capabilities.
- December 11, 2012
- Mensa Shares Intelligent Gift-Giving Ideas for Those Last Minute Shoppers
Avoid the mall crowds and discover all of the amazing, oh-so-smart gifts this Holiday Gift Guide has to offer. Mensa has selected some of the smartest gifts, for those hardest to find the perfect gift for, and compiled them into one list, www.us.mensa.org/giftguide.
- November 12, 2012
- Mensa and the National Association of Gifted Children Address the Need for Engagement Among Our Gifted Youth
American Mensa’s Gifted Youth Specialist, Lisa Van Gemert, will attend the National Association for Gifted Children Convention (NAGC), Thursday, Nov. 15 through Saturday, Nov. 18 at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver.
- October 29, 2012
- One Special, Special Education Teacher Receives Mensa Foundation Award
Arthella Starke of Sherwood, Oregon was selected as the Mensa Education and Research Foundation’s 2012 Distinguished Teacher Award recipient. Starke, a Special Education teacher at Sherwood High School was nominated by the parent of a student.
- October 5, 2012
- Psychology Pioneer Honored with Mensa Foundation's Lifetime Achievement Award
The Mensa Education & Research Foundation has announced Dr. Franz Mönks of Munster, Germany, as the recipient of the Mensa Lifetime Achievement Award for his immeasurable influence on the education and psychology of the gifted and talented
- October 1, 2012
- ARE WE SMARTER WHEN WE CHALLENGE OURSELVES?
American Mensa kicks off Mind Challenge Month today to celebrate all things cerebral by challenging America to do better by their brains. Training and challenging your brain can be a worthy investment of time that will reap rewards for years to come.
- June 18, 2012
- MENSA MEMBER EXPOSES HER BRAINS ON PRIME TIME TV Member of Boston Mensa Joins ABC’s “Glass House” Cast
Mensa member Stephanie Link is part of the cast of
ABC’s brand new reality TV show “Glass House” premiering Monday, June18th at 10p Eastern, 9p Central.
- April 23, 2012
- FIVE MENSA SELECT WINNERS SEAL THE DEAL
300 judges, 68 competitor games, and forty-eight hours of nonstop board game action later, five winners emerge victorious
- March 15, 2012
- Mensa’s Brain Test App Goes Multi -Platform
Mensa's Brain Test mobile phone app is now available for download on Android, Blackberry, Nokia and Windows mobile platforms thanks to mobile games producers Appshen and Barnstorm Games.
- December 15, 2011
- SHOP SMART THIS HOLIDAY SEASON WITH AMERICAN MENSA’S GIFT GUIDE
Arlington, TX - Do you want to put a creative spin on holiday shopping this year? American Mensa, the high IQ society, has the perfect thing to help you find some of the most interesting and novel gifts this season; the 2011 Mensa Holiday Gift Guide. You can find and purchase these gifts by logging on to www.us.mensa.org/giftguide
- November 21, 2011
- VIRGINIA RESIDENT APPOINTED TO MENSA FOUNDATION BOARD
The Mensa Education and Research Foundation elected Dave Remine of Luray, Va., as its new President. Remine has been a member of American Mensa for 42 years and he is the only member to have held the three highest leadership positions in Mensa.
- November 11, 2011
- New Jersey native appointed to Mensa Foundation board
ARLINGTON, TEXAS (11/11/11) – The Mensa Education and Research Foundation has appointed Don Pendley, APR,
CAE, of Bloomfield. N.J., as its newest trustee.
- November 11, 2011
- The Mensa Foundation Honors Dr. Joyce Van Tassel-Baska
ARLINGTON, TEXAS (11/3/11) – Dr. Joyce VanTassel-Baska received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Mensa Education and Research Foundation for her vast contributions to the field of intelligence in a ceremony preceding the National Association of Gifted Children Convention in New Orleans. She is the founding Director of the Center for Talent Development at Northwestern University. The Center, which has been in operation for more than 30 years, has produced research and development in the field of talent development, along with 50 doctorates in gifted education.
- October 7, 2011
- MENSA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, PAMELA DONAHOO, RECEIVES DISTINGUISHED EXECUTIVE AWARD
Arlington, TX (10/7/11) – American Mensa’s Executive Director, Pamela Donahoo,
CAE, received the 2011 Distinguished Executive Award at the annual conference for the Texas Society of Association Executives.
- September 30, 2011
- SHOW US YOU’RE BRILLIANT AND TAKE THE MENSA ADMISSION TEST
ARLINGTON, TEXAS – Show us you’re Brilliant America! Take the Mensa Admission Test this October. As Mensa International celebrates its 65th Brilliant Anniversary, hundreds of local test sessions are occurring across the United States, hoping to identify the six million brilliant Americans who qualify for the high IQ organization.
- July 28, 2011
- AMERICAN MENSA HONORS DFW RESIDENT FOR WORK WITH GIFTED CHILDREN
American Mensa, the high IQ society, is proud to announce William Rock of North Texas Mensa as the 2011 recipient of the Gifted Children Coordinator Award. The Gifted Children Coordinator Award is given for superior service as a local Gifted Youth Coordinator, which contributes to the growth of programs or services for gifted children and/or growth for Young Mensan membership.