Membership & Testing Promotion Toolkit
Leveraging discounts on the practice test, Local Group testing, and Prior Evidence review are all great ways to grow your group’s prospect pool and convert fence-sitters to members through immediacy and additional financial incentive.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP MONTH TOOLKIT
Build a successful Mensa Membership Month with the right tools and blueprint.
TOOLS: Download fresh ad sets to use in your prospect email, in your social media, and on your website to promote your session(s). Use this text with the images:
Unlock Your Genius this October! 50% Off LG Testing and 10% Off Private Testing!
Don't miss these incredible offers to take the Mensa Admission Test at discounted rates. Embrace the journey of self-discovery and become a part of the brilliant Mensa community!
Included in this ad set is a flyer that you may adapt then print and post in your testing location or other public places to advertise your session(s).
BLUEPRINT: Follow these steps
1. Put your session(s) on the national testing calendar.
2. Using the Prospect Management Tool to craft an email inviting them to your session(s). Use or adapt this text for your email:
Hi, my name is [NAME] and I am a member of [LOCAL GROUP NAME], the local chapter of American Mensa, and I wanted to personally invite you to one of our October testing sessions. We have special pricing, so you can take our Admission Test for the 50 percent off price of $30. Click the link below and enter your ZIP Code to see our upcoming sessions. (Click each session for details.)
Our testing calendar: us.mensa.org/testing
[IF YOUR GROUP CAN ACCEPT PAYMENT AT THE TEST SESSION] We accept cash, check, or credit cards at the test site, but we recommend purchasing a voucher from our website before showing up to the test session. You can purchase a voucher from the testing calendar page.
[IF YOUR GROUP CAN ACCEPT PAYMENT AT THE TEST SESSION] We cannot accept cash, check, or credit cards at the test site, so you will need to purchase a voucher from our website before showing up to the test session. You can purchase a voucher from the testing calendar page.
Registration opens 30 minutes before the test time. You must be at least 14 years old and bring a photo ID in order to test. If you are under age 18, you must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian so they can complete a testing authorization form.
If you have questions, contact me or visit our Local Group’s website at [URL]. Learn more about the Mensa Admission Test at us.mensa.org/testing.
Thank you for your interest in American Mensa, and I look forward to meeting you!
3. Two to three weeks before your test session, create a Facebook event from your group’s Facebook page, using an image from the ad set and text like this:
American Mensa’s local chapter has scheduled an Admission Test soon near you. Unlock your genius and schedule your session today – and get 50 percent off the regular price of $60! Embrace the journey of self-discovery and become a part of the brilliant Mensa community. Your first step is to take our test. Get full details and pre-purchase here: [LINK TO YOUR TESTING SESSION].
Then email every single one of your members and ask them to share your Facebook event from their own accounts, perhaps with this accompanying text: “Ever wonder if you have what it takes to join Mensa? We’re offering half-price testing in October. Come check it out.”
4. Optional but always helpful: post information about your sessions on your group’s website.
NEED EXTRA MOTIVATION: We want you to be as successful as possible, so we are offering your group special incentives to test often in October:
- Your group will earn $25 (up to a $150) for each test session your group holds where at least one test-taker attends; to qualify, you must put the session on the national testing calendar and use the Prospect Management Tool to promote the sessions.
- For each session your group places on the national testing calendar, your group receives an entry for a drawing for a free tabletop banner, Mensa and group branded. We will give away XXXX banners.
- Place your test sessions on the national calendar by close of business on Sept. 15, and your locations will be included in special ad sets we use in our social media platforms promoting testing.
- Print & Digital Graphics Warehouse
Social, digital, and print marketing assets for membership and testing promotion.
- 2023-24 National Promotions Calendar
The national promotions calendar offers a 30,000-foot view of the year’s scheduled promotions to help your group plan and execute successful advertising campaigns.