AMERICAN MENSA ANNOUNCES 2013 BOARD OF DIRECTORS AT NATIONAL CONVENTION
- Jul 10, 2013
For more information, email Marketing@americanmensa.org or call 817/607-0060 ext. 5542.
Arlington, Texas, (7/10/13) – American Mensa recently announced their new Board of Directors including the organization’s new chairman of the board, Dan Burg from Portland, Ore. Joining Burg are the following 2013 board members:
- First Vice Chair – Heather Poirier, Washington, D.C.
- Second Vice Chair- LaRae Bakerink, Poway, Calif.
- Secretary – Brian Reeves, Palm Beach, Fla.
- Treasurer – Nick Sanford, Calera, Ala.
- Regional Vice Chair 1 – Andrew Heffernan, Cohoes, N.Y.
- Regional Vice Chair 2 – Cam Smart, Manassas, Va.
- Regional Vice Chair 3 – Julia Ashley, Arlington, Ohio
- Regional Vice Chair 4 – Ellen Voie, Green Bay, Wis.
- Regional Vice Chair 5 – Baker Ring, Gallatin, Tenn.
- Regional Vice Chair 6 – Roger Durham, Dallas, Texas
- Regional Vice Chair 7 – Greg Kontz, Dickinson, N.D.
- Regional Vice Chair 8 – Harold Ward, Boise, Idaho
- Regional Vice Chair 9 – Desiree “Dez” Sagray, San Marino, Calif.
- Regional Vice Chair 10 – Thomas G. Thomas, Wesley Chapel, Fla.
- Past Chair – Elissa Rudolph, Delray Beach, Fla.
- Past-Past Chair – Russ Bakke, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Development Officer – John Sheehan, Kerrville, Texas
- Director of Science & Education – Joanne Soper, Sierra Vista, Ariz.
- Membership Officer – Beth Anne Demeter, Palatine, Ill.
- Communications Officer – Marc Lederman, Dover, Pa.
Members of American Mensa wrapped up their five-day national convention in Fort Worth, Texas which featured more than 250 lectures and a keynote speech by the “Governor of the Heart of Texas,” Kinky Friedman.
American Mensa is an organization open to anyone who scores in the top 2 percent on an accepted, standardized intelligence test. Mensa has more than 56,000 members in the United States and more than 110,000 members globally. For more information about Mensa, or to apply for membership, visit www.americanmensa.org or call (800) 66-MENSA.
# # #